Monday, May 5, 2008

Online Bridesmaids?

I know classes are over, but I thought this was a pretty interesting article. The NY Times wrote an article about wedding-related community boards. I find it interesting though, because so these people meet over common bonds of wedding planning and progress (usually quickly) into ftf meetings and eventually become wedding guests.

I just read a post this morning about one woman having extra seats at her upcoming wedding, so she posted a public invite on the forum. Seems risky to me. In my opinion, that bond must be pretty strong to invite them to something as personal as a wedding.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/04/fashion/weddings/04FIELD.html?_r=2&scp=1&sq=cyber+bridesmaid&st=nyt&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

1 comment:

Anita Blanchard said...

Thanks, Ashley!!

I don't know how I missed this article!

That's interesting, too, about inviting recent online friends to one's wedding. I wonder if the definition of friendship is changing for some parts of our society.

I actually think I'm going to keep this blog going, so feel free to post more links like this!!